Although you own the most suitable string trimmer, there are still some tips you need to learn for the beautiful yard. They can increase the trimmer’s ability to take care of the yard, and also reduce hurting, blemishing, and destroying your lawn. Learn some useful information to max out the string trimmer’s ability.
Types of string trimmer
– Curved shaft string trimmers
– Straight shaft string trimmers
I recommend the second type since it’s easy to control and efficient to operate. Its curved tool makes you flexible to cut under plants, bushes, and small trees. You can read more weed wacker reviews to decide yourself.
The most difficult thing is that people are confused about the rotation direction of the string trimmer. The trimmer need remove trash from its cut path. Remember the operation if you turn counter-clockwise, the trimmer removes trash from the left side and trims weeds with the right side. Then if you want to trim the edge, walk along the path that your right side is near the work to put the trimmer’s head in the right position, it can trim and remove the trash to the left. If you stand on the other side, it’ll remove the trash into the cut path that makes the path a mess.
If you think it’s the simple work like use shears above the weeds and cut it, your yard will be a terrible appearance. And that can be a serious damage that is difficult to repair then.
There are some rules that help you use the string trimmer like you think efficiently. Prior to learning thoroughly, you need to understand the basic thing: the end of the string or the head of the trimmer is where the powerful cut is used. The quicker and freer it operates, the easier and more accurate the trim are
– Tapering: There are two ways you can use to trim the edges. The first one is tapering for the edge near a curb, wall, fence, and tree. The string trimmer need to cut weeds at a small corner. Its shears have to cut the weeds by pushing them into the soil to remove a full row of weeds. In this step, you should notify the firm of shears since they have to hit hard things, like rocks, stones, or soil. Another notification is the length of the trimmer line. It’s long enough as you are able to taper. Finally, combine the edge with the height of the harvest weeds for a clean display.
– Edging: If you trim the edge next to the sidewalk or driveway, edging is the most suitable technique. Rotate the trimmer into the vertical string then walk along the cut path to trim weeds so the trash isn’t on the curbstone.
– Scything: With trimming tall weeds or against an obstacle, you should use with a scythe trimming. Use the string trimmer into and out of the weeds in a slight U movement.
They are the basic trimming techniques for the string trimmer. They’re available to anyone who want to create the beautiful yard. Thus, if you can follow exactly the tips above, I’m sure you easily acquire the knowledge.