Using chainsaw by yourself will help a lot in housing fixing as well as decoration. What could be better looking than the shelves and other wood interior made by your own hands?
But firstly, you should know all safety points while using chainsaw:
- Read the manual. The manual can give you basic tips on fuel mixing, saw lubrication and how to start it after all.
- Wear protection clothes. Perfect protection to wear when you use the chainsaw looks like this: leather gloves, hard-toe shoes, hardhat, goggles, hearing protectors and no baggy clothes.
- Caution when refuelling. Because this process goes on with the easy burning substances, do not smoke in the process of refuelling and you better stop the engine while doing that. It can be also very dangerous if you spill the gas on hot engine. Therefore, use the filtering funnel or a gas can to fuel the chainsaw.
- First aid kit. Carry a first aid kit just in case. You should have all basics like band aid, antibiotics etc. Also, having number and knowing the location of nearby emergency unit will be helpful in case of accidents.
- Choose right area. Before you decide to fell a tree, look around. Choose the area where no power lines, buildings or cars can prevent you from work or cause any damages.
- Work in team. Whether it is a small or a big tree, working with the team will always guarantee you help and safety in all cases.
- Check twice, even triple. Check the bar and chain before using the tool. If you find out that some parts are missing or something is wrong, maybe keep the engine off would be wiser decision.
- Clear the area around the tree. You should clear rocks, brush or anything around that might interfere the process.
- Choose right type of chainsaw. Different types of chainsaw presented on the market these days might confuse you with it diversification. But proper research and choosing right size of chainsaw, as well as suitable features is essential for effective usage.
Here are some basic types of chainsaw for your acknowledgement:
- Well the name calls by itself, this one is for often usage and has maximum power performance.
- All-round or robust. Also for professional usage, but a bit lower performance
- Consumer. This chainsaw is for home usage and for those who rarely take the chainsaw out of garage.
- Tree care. For professionals who do tree care work exceptionally.
It would be also helpful to choose right-featured chainsaw with which you are going to work.
- Anti-vibration. This feature is especially good when you have to do a lot of cutting and reduces fatigue.
- Automatic oiler. For safe and efficient cutting lubrication is very important. This is what this type chainsaw does automatically and you do not need to activate it.
- Chain brake. The chainsaw automatically stops when there is an abrupt movement.
- Tool less chain adjustment. This feature allows the change of cutting chain tension quicker.
- Air cleaning. Removes the large pieces of debris preventing them to reach the filter.
Now you can bravely go on, purchase the chainsaw and start creating!